Lil Owl

Recently my little sister has become interested in Artists Trading Cards. Something that, despite my Art History BA eluded me. So I looked into it (eh hem "wikied" it) and found that it started in Switzerland in the 1950s and 1960s, most likely as an extension of Mail Art. Artists made miniature baseball card sized pieces and traded them with other artists or individuals.


I found this pretty interesting and started thinking about making something she might like in exchange for her card, however that was months ago. Like any other teen her interest in the subject came and went before any progress was made. So to inspire her I decided to go ahead and make my own and mail it to her. Here it is, I went for the disgustingly cute route:

 I think I'm on an owl kick. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your owl--it's so sweet! Can't wait to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete